Sunday, September 19, 2010

Are you ready for random?

Are you ready for random?  I've taken a few days off from writing and my inner third grader seems to be winning the writing battle tonight.    I'm going to push forward and see what happens.

My goal is to get some control over my digital photos.  Use them or lose them.   Okay, I admit it was a weak threat.  I doubt I'm ready to push the delete button and flush everything but I do need to 'refine' what I have.  What all these photos  have in common is that they were taken in 2009, I took them and I like them for some reason.    That handsome guy in photo number one is my number one guy.   (now do you believe me about my inner third grader?  Let's hope it gets better from here)   We were at the Portland temple for a wedding. You will see a couple photos of that later.  It was a beautiful day, after it stopped raining, and the garden was in full bloom.  All wonderful elements and memories.

When it comes to photos of Rachel dancing I get into real trouble.  I mean we are talking thousands of photos.  I kid you  not.  I've traveled several times to Rexburg over the last few years  to watch her performances.  Loved it.   She is beautiful on stage and off.   Here is one humble shot of her doing an  80's number. 


 My monkeys.  This photo was their idea which makes it even more special.  They wanted something fun for their dad so they ran around for a second and found some of his favorite things.  A football I understand but guitar hero?  The upside down sunglasses are the best.   I can't look at this without smiling. 

 My sweet Rose.  A girl who likes to model and grandma who loves to photograph.  A good combo. 


My Tess.  Can you see the look in her eyes?  Yes, she is a character.   And 100% girl.  Favorite color?  Pink, of course.  She loves unicorns and ponies and giving me spectacular hairdos when she visits. 
Might as well keep along the Yetter  train of thought.   This was my girl not too long before  her little man was born.  I like it, kinda different.
Time sure does fly.  This little guy is now emptying my spice cupboard when he comes over.  They don't stay little long enough.  
Sorry but that is all I have for tonight. Except for this thought I've had this week about being a parent.   I am amazed at my kids.  They each have a little of me in them, but they have taken that small tidbit and have done amazing things.  They are more than I ever was or could be.  This gives me such joy and to confess, it is a little annoying.  Take photography,  I read, study, practice to improve.  They grab my camera and outdo me, just like that.  It comes so natural to them.  Arrrggg.  That said, it's back to the joy.  We'll just keep that little rant to ourselves, shall we?


No comments:

Post a Comment