Sunday, September 5, 2010

goodbye american gothic

Brenna and I had a garage sale on Saturday.  We sold the basic stuff,  clothes, bike, toys, books and so forth.  For most of the day people would walk up to our sale and laugh.  I had the American Gothic picture  with the faces cut out for sale.  I  painted it for a Ward activity a couple of years ago .  In a bold move I put a sticker price of five dollars on it.  To say that Jim was an unbeliever is an understatement.  
In a moment of personal satisfaction a woman walked up and without even trying to barter bought it and walked away.  Just like that. Gone.   What in the world did she want with it?   Jim was dumbfounded but grateful to get it out of the garage.  
Miss Maisie and Maren
 

2 comments:

  1. I would have bought it!! Love stuff like that (of course my husband would have shot me). I can think of many times I would pull that out for fun things! Maybe I should make one myself :)

    ReplyDelete